SIX DECADES OF EXCELLENCE
RANG-AY BANK obtained its authority to operate under R.A. 720 from the Central Bank of the Philippines on January 14, 1956. Founded by Mrs. Numeriana T. Querol as Chairman and Mr. Teofilo A. Nisce as President, it had Atty. Rodolfo M. Nisce as Manager. It has since grown into a 25-branch network serving Region I and the Cordillera Autonomous Region.
In six (6) decades of service, Rang-ay Bank garnered numerous awards that attest to its banking excellence and prove that its name Rang-ay (Ilocano for Progress) is well-deserved:
• In 1975, when the Central Bank adjudged it as an outstanding rural bank, Rang-ay also became the biggest rural bank in Reg. I and CAR
• In 1994, the Quedan and Rural Credit Guarantee Corporation awarded it the Gawad Quedancor as the leading bank in its Food Market Retailers lending program
• For 1994-1998, the Countryside Financial Institutions - Management Development Program named Rang-ay as one of the ten countryside banks with the most improved systems, procedures and overall operations
• In 1996, 1997, 1999, 2001 and 2002, it was a national recipient of the Countryside Loan Fund and was recognized as the most outstanding participating financial institution among all conduit banks
• In 2000, it received the Gold Award for Excellence for consistently delivering superior and innovative products and services: that same year, it bested all rural bank conduits of Western Union and Uniteller money transfer facilities in the country
• In 2002 and 2003, the Land Bank of the Philippines named Rang-ay as the most outstanding countryside financial institution at the regional level
• The Bureau of Internal Revenue District Office cited Rang-ay as the second biggest taxpayer in La Union four times during the mid-2000s
• The La Union Provincial Government cited Rang-ay in 2006 and 2007 as the “Most Outstanding Entrepinoy Investor,”
• In 2008, Rang-ay won six awards (Grand Slam) from PETNET-Western Union during its 10th Anniversary celebration
• In 2010, Globe Telecoms named it its “Top GCash Partner,” and
• In 2013, the Land Bank named it “Best Partner Bank in Northern Luzon” and “Best CFI Intermediary” because of Rang-ay’s policy to make credit available to people at more affordable rates
• Celebrating 60 years of banking excellence, Rang-ay is now installing a new Core Banking System to enable it to serve its countryside clientele as an effective partner of the government in developing local economies. Rang-ay will continue to pursue its identification with progress and excellence.
• The Balikat ng Bayan Awards, established in 1995, is annually given to companies, institutions and individuals who have contributed in a significant way in helping the Social Security System (SSS) achieve its mandate. It is the SSS's way of acknowledging the value of its partnerships with other sectors for their unwavering support to the programs of the government body.
• The 2016 Balikat ng Bayan Best Collecting Partner Bank(rural bank category) was awarded to Rang-ay Bank, for consistenly being among the nation's top institutions with the highest collections and processing a large volume of transactions with its wide coverage. Rang-ay Bank was the only rural bank national awardee of the Social Security System for the year.
• The National award was presented by Dept. of Finance Secretary Carlos Dominguez III and SSS President Emilio De Quiros, Jr to Rangay Bank Vice President Ives Jesus Nisce II at the national awarding ceremonies held at the SSS Main Office, East Avenue, Diliman, Quezon City on September 2, 2016.